Quiz night organiser donates further funds to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A fundraiser from Beccles has donated another cheque for £1,000 to Beccles Hospital.
Brenda Clarke, who runs Bren’s Charity Quiz, raises funds for the facility by hosting quiz nights at the Caxton Club in Beccles.
And on Sunday, March 11, Mrs Clarke was pleased to present the donation to Maureen Saunders, secretary of Beccles Hospital’s League of Friends.
Mrs Clarke’s quizzes are held on the second Sunday of the month and she has been organising the fundraisers for almost two and a half years.
In that time, a total of £4,000 has been donated to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Clarke organises and runs the quiz nights herself, also offering nibbles on the tables and running a raffle during the break.
It costs £2 to enter and teams of up to six people are welcome. The night starts at 7.30pm and usually finishes at 10.15pm.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 8 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Mrs Clarke thanked all those who support her quiz nights and donate raffle prizes.