Quiz night organiser donates further funds to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A fundraiser from Beccles has donated another cheque for £1,000 to Beccles Hospital.
Brenda Clarke, who runs Bren’s Charity Quiz, raises funds for the facility by hosting quiz nights at the Caxton Club in Beccles.
And on Sunday, March 11, Mrs Clarke was pleased to present the donation to Maureen Saunders, secretary of Beccles Hospital’s League of Friends.
Mrs Clarke’s quizzes are held on the second Sunday of the month and she has been organising the fundraisers for almost two and a half years.
In that time, a total of £4,000 has been donated to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Clarke organises and runs the quiz nights herself, also offering nibbles on the tables and running a raffle during the break.
It costs £2 to enter and teams of up to six people are welcome. The night starts at 7.30pm and usually finishes at 10.15pm.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 3 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 9 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead
Mrs Clarke thanked all those who support her quiz nights and donate raffle prizes.