Quiz night organiser donates further funds to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A fundraiser from Beccles has donated another cheque for £1,000 to Beccles Hospital.
Brenda Clarke, who runs Bren’s Charity Quiz, raises funds for the facility by hosting quiz nights at the Caxton Club in Beccles.
And on Sunday, March 11, Mrs Clarke was pleased to present the donation to Maureen Saunders, secretary of Beccles Hospital’s League of Friends.
Mrs Clarke’s quizzes are held on the second Sunday of the month and she has been organising the fundraisers for almost two and a half years.
In that time, a total of £4,000 has been donated to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Clarke organises and runs the quiz nights herself, also offering nibbles on the tables and running a raffle during the break.
It costs £2 to enter and teams of up to six people are welcome. The night starts at 7.30pm and usually finishes at 10.15pm.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
Mrs Clarke thanked all those who support her quiz nights and donate raffle prizes.