RAFA centenary collection to help families of veterans
- Credit: Archant
To mark the centenary of the RAF a charity collection and an exhibition of memorabilia took place in Beccles.
The Wings Appeal charity collection and the exhibition were both held on Saturday, March 31, at Exchange Square and Hungate Church Hall respectively.
Proceeds from the day have been added to the Royal Air Force Association (RAFA) collection which helps support serving and veteran’s families who may be in need.
Councillors and Waveney MP Peter Aldous made appearances at the events.
The RAFA president Brian Vousden said: “We are most grateful to our local civic leaders for their support for our RAF charity event and also Rev’d Ernie Bosse for the use of the Hungate Church Hall for the exhibition, organised by our life vice president Bob Honeywood.
You may also want to watch:
“We also thank all members of the Beccles community and general public for their most generous contributions to our RAF charity on the day. Our thanks to you all.”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance