RAFA centenary collection to help families of veterans
- Credit: Archant
To mark the centenary of the RAF a charity collection and an exhibition of memorabilia took place in Beccles.
The Wings Appeal charity collection and the exhibition were both held on Saturday, March 31, at Exchange Square and Hungate Church Hall respectively.
Proceeds from the day have been added to the Royal Air Force Association (RAFA) collection which helps support serving and veteran’s families who may be in need.
Councillors and Waveney MP Peter Aldous made appearances at the events.
The RAFA president Brian Vousden said: “We are most grateful to our local civic leaders for their support for our RAF charity event and also Rev’d Ernie Bosse for the use of the Hungate Church Hall for the exhibition, organised by our life vice president Bob Honeywood.
You may also want to watch:
“We also thank all members of the Beccles community and general public for their most generous contributions to our RAF charity on the day. Our thanks to you all.”
- 1 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
- 10 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars