RAFA centenary collection to help families of veterans
- Credit: Archant
To mark the centenary of the RAF a charity collection and an exhibition of memorabilia took place in Beccles.
The Wings Appeal charity collection and the exhibition were both held on Saturday, March 31, at Exchange Square and Hungate Church Hall respectively.
Proceeds from the day have been added to the Royal Air Force Association (RAFA) collection which helps support serving and veteran’s families who may be in need.
Councillors and Waveney MP Peter Aldous made appearances at the events.
The RAFA president Brian Vousden said: “We are most grateful to our local civic leaders for their support for our RAF charity event and also Rev’d Ernie Bosse for the use of the Hungate Church Hall for the exhibition, organised by our life vice president Bob Honeywood.
You may also want to watch:
“We also thank all members of the Beccles community and general public for their most generous contributions to our RAF charity on the day. Our thanks to you all.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail