Beautiful private gardens to open for public on Mother’s Day
- Credit: Archant
An exquisite private garden will open to the public in celebration of Mothering Sunday.
Raveningham Gardens, off the A146 at Hales, is inviting members of the public to enjoy its breathtaking grounds On Sunday, March 11, in aid of the National Gardens Scheme.
The scheme helps raise money for UK nursing charities by opening gardens and charging modest entry fees.
This weekend’s event takes place between 11am and 4pm and is the public’s last opportunity to visit during the garden’s ‘Snowdrop Season’.
A spokesman for Raveningham Estate said: “Visitors can explore the 18th century Walled Kitchen Garden with its large glasshouses, along with the arboretum, stumpery and contemporary sculpture in the gardens.
You may also want to watch:
“They can also enjoy views across the lake – which was established at the turn of the Millennium.
“Our Teas Room will be open serving light refreshments, home-made cakes and drinks.”
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
Admission is £5 for adults while under-16s go free.
For more information about the Raveningham Estate and upcoming event visit www.raveningham.com