Raveningham Gardens open for special Sunday showings
- Credit: Archant
A traditional rural estate has announced a series of special garden openings for the public this summer.
Summer Sunday openings at Raveningham Gardens, off the A146 at Hales, is running from July 16 to August 27, 11am to 4pm.
The Summer Sundays coincide with Raveningham’s agapanthus season.
Richard Hobbs, one of the gardening experts on BBC Radio Norfolk’s Garden Party and Raveningham’s garden consultant, will lead agapanthus tours in the garden on Sunday, July 16, at 11.30am, 1pm and 2pm. Tours start from the tearoom courtyard and are included in the garden entry charge.
Raveningham Hall is the home of Sir Nicholas and Lady Bacon. The agapanthus varieties are Priscilla Bacon’s, late mother of Sir Nicholas, legacies in the garden.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also enjoy herbaceous borders, Victorian glasshouses and a 14th century church.
Garden entry is £5 for adults and free for children under 16.
For more information call 01508 548480 or visit www.raveningham.com.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother