Readers crown their favourite festive animals in our Santa Paw Prints competition
- Credit: Archant
The votes have been counted and it’s time to reveal the winners of the Santa Paw Prints competition.
Fifteen dogs and six cats were entered into the contest to be crowned the Journal’s most festive furry friends, with readers sending in their votes over the past couple of weeks.
And first prize in the dog category goes to Milly the dachshund, sent in by Lynn Evenden of Carlton Colville, with tinsel-wearing Toby, sent in by Alice Crisp of Beccles, winning the cat category.
The dog and cat winners will each receive a £10 gift voucher provided by Cracks Pet Foods in Blyburgate, Beccles, with prizes available to collect in the New Year.
And Salt the guinea pig, sent in my Sally Turner of Beccles, who was the only entry in the other animal category, won the top prize of a £10 voucher donated by Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
The competition follows on from the success of our Little Cherubs children’s photo contest in the summer, and animal-loving readers were asked to submit photos of their pets getting into the Christmas spirit
Journal editor Amy Smith said: “As a cat owner and an animal lover myself, I loved seeing all of the entries come in, and without the help of our readers I would have struggled to pick my favourites.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
“Thanks to everyone who entered into the spirit of our competition, and a very Happy New Year to all of our readers.”