Readers crown their favourite festive animals in our Santa Paw Prints competition
- Credit: Archant
The votes have been counted and it’s time to reveal the winners of the Santa Paw Prints competition.
Fifteen dogs and six cats were entered into the contest to be crowned the Journal’s most festive furry friends, with readers sending in their votes over the past couple of weeks.
And first prize in the dog category goes to Milly the dachshund, sent in by Lynn Evenden of Carlton Colville, with tinsel-wearing Toby, sent in by Alice Crisp of Beccles, winning the cat category.
The dog and cat winners will each receive a £10 gift voucher provided by Cracks Pet Foods in Blyburgate, Beccles, with prizes available to collect in the New Year.
And Salt the guinea pig, sent in my Sally Turner of Beccles, who was the only entry in the other animal category, won the top prize of a £10 voucher donated by Tesco.
The competition follows on from the success of our Little Cherubs children’s photo contest in the summer, and animal-loving readers were asked to submit photos of their pets getting into the Christmas spirit
Journal editor Amy Smith said: “As a cat owner and an animal lover myself, I loved seeing all of the entries come in, and without the help of our readers I would have struggled to pick my favourites.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 7 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 10 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
“Thanks to everyone who entered into the spirit of our competition, and a very Happy New Year to all of our readers.”