Readers crown their favourite festive animals in our Santa Paw Prints competition
- Credit: Archant
The votes have been counted and it’s time to reveal the winners of the Santa Paw Prints competition.
Fifteen dogs and six cats were entered into the contest to be crowned the Journal’s most festive furry friends, with readers sending in their votes over the past couple of weeks.
And first prize in the dog category goes to Milly the dachshund, sent in by Lynn Evenden of Carlton Colville, with tinsel-wearing Toby, sent in by Alice Crisp of Beccles, winning the cat category.
The dog and cat winners will each receive a £10 gift voucher provided by Cracks Pet Foods in Blyburgate, Beccles, with prizes available to collect in the New Year.
And Salt the guinea pig, sent in my Sally Turner of Beccles, who was the only entry in the other animal category, won the top prize of a £10 voucher donated by Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
The competition follows on from the success of our Little Cherubs children’s photo contest in the summer, and animal-loving readers were asked to submit photos of their pets getting into the Christmas spirit
Journal editor Amy Smith said: “As a cat owner and an animal lover myself, I loved seeing all of the entries come in, and without the help of our readers I would have struggled to pick my favourites.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
“Thanks to everyone who entered into the spirit of our competition, and a very Happy New Year to all of our readers.”