Readers’ letters from this week’s Journal
- Credit: Archant
Further to the article last week about Leman 4 Life 2017, I would like to thank all those who made this event possible.
Firstly Mrs Remer and the staff at the Sir John Leman High School. Despite their very busy timetable they manage to squeeze this event in. The students who were an absolute credit to the school. Special mention to Elliot Fenn for organising the triathlon event.
Tesco, Morrisons, Cosseys Funeral Services, Rosedale Funeral Home, M&H Plastics, Durrants, Gary Bennett (Lauren Lou), Essex and Suffolk Water, Britvic and the Caxton Club for covering the cost of refreshments. Also to Travis Perkins for the loan of a generator. To Graze Restaurant, Beccles, for sponsoring the triathlete’s T-shirts. And last but by no means least, the Bungay Black Dog running club.
This event is due to raise thousands for Cancer Research UK. Without any government funding, we rely on donations such as from Leman 4 Life to keep the vital research into the causes, treatment and prevention of cancer going.
If anyone would like details of the work we do locally to raise funds for Cancer Research UK, please ring Rosie on 01502 716431.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Friends of Cancer Research UK
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
Thanks for sale support
We held a stall in Beccles precinct on July 1 and the splendid amount of £330.65 was raised.
This will be added to the sum kindly donated by the League of Friends at Beccles Hospital to enable the hall to purchase a defibrillator.
Many thanks to members of the public who supported us that morning and to the many folk who donated items to sell. Also thanks to the volunteers who helped run the sale on Saturday.
JENNY SHEPHERD AND JAMES AGGETT
Beccles Public Hall
Town was so generous
The 2017 Christian Aid collection in the Beccles area raised £5,011.
I, as treasurer of the Beccles and District Christian Aid Group, would like to thank everyone for their kind support, help and generosity during Christian Aid week.
This year’s events were held from May 14 to May 20.