Clear out your cupboards and take home new treasures at recycle and reuse event
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being invited to recycle their unwanted items as the annual reuse event returns to Ditchingham.
Organised by South Norfolk Council, the event will be held in the village hall on Monday, February 12.
Residents can recycle and reuse unwanted textiles, furniture, books, board games, televisions and small electrical items.
Items can be dropped off between 9am and 3pm, and if they pass on-site safety checks, taken away for reuse between 11am and 3pm.
All electrical items will be safety tested and then made available for local residents to collect. Any materials which are broken or unsafe will be recycled by the council. There is also an optional donation to charity.
You may also want to watch:
Ditchingham resident Louisa Gardener said: “I always look forward to these events as they are a great opportunity to have a good clear out. Last year, I dropped off all sorts of items including some old clothes and a toaster that didn’t work and picked up a fantastic lamp for a small donation.”
At the end of each event, all items not taken away for reuse are donated to charity.
To find out more about how you can recycle and reuse, visit www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/recycling
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 4 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 5 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 6 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns