Clear out your cupboards and take home new treasures at recycle and reuse event
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being invited to recycle their unwanted items as the annual reuse event returns to Ditchingham.
Organised by South Norfolk Council, the event will be held in the village hall on Monday, February 12.
Residents can recycle and reuse unwanted textiles, furniture, books, board games, televisions and small electrical items.
Items can be dropped off between 9am and 3pm, and if they pass on-site safety checks, taken away for reuse between 11am and 3pm.
All electrical items will be safety tested and then made available for local residents to collect. Any materials which are broken or unsafe will be recycled by the council. There is also an optional donation to charity.
You may also want to watch:
Ditchingham resident Louisa Gardener said: “I always look forward to these events as they are a great opportunity to have a good clear out. Last year, I dropped off all sorts of items including some old clothes and a toaster that didn’t work and picked up a fantastic lamp for a small donation.”
At the end of each event, all items not taken away for reuse are donated to charity.
To find out more about how you can recycle and reuse, visit www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/recycling
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 7 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice