Clear out your cupboards and take home new treasures at recycle and reuse event
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being invited to recycle their unwanted items as the annual reuse event returns to Ditchingham.
Organised by South Norfolk Council, the event will be held in the village hall on Monday, February 12.
Residents can recycle and reuse unwanted textiles, furniture, books, board games, televisions and small electrical items.
Items can be dropped off between 9am and 3pm, and if they pass on-site safety checks, taken away for reuse between 11am and 3pm.
All electrical items will be safety tested and then made available for local residents to collect. Any materials which are broken or unsafe will be recycled by the council. There is also an optional donation to charity.
You may also want to watch:
Ditchingham resident Louisa Gardener said: “I always look forward to these events as they are a great opportunity to have a good clear out. Last year, I dropped off all sorts of items including some old clothes and a toaster that didn’t work and picked up a fantastic lamp for a small donation.”
At the end of each event, all items not taken away for reuse are donated to charity.
To find out more about how you can recycle and reuse, visit www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/recycling
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks