Search

Man, 75, treated after early morning kitchen blaze

PUBLISHED: 11:47 27 November 2018 | UPDATED: 11:47 27 November 2018

Fire crews were called to kitchen fire in Reeve's Close, Bungay. Photo: Google.

Fire crews were called to kitchen fire in Reeve's Close, Bungay. Photo: Google.

Archant

A 75-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire at his home in the early hours of the morning.

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a house in Reeve’s Close, Bungay, at 12.40am today (Tuesday, November 27).

Four crews from Bungay, Beccles, Harleston and Loddon were called to the blaze – however it was put out before they arrived.

A spokesman for the fire service said the East of England Ambulance service were also called to provide treatment to a 75 year-old man “suffering from smoke inhalation”.

The spokesman added: “Firefighters also provided oxygen therapy to the casualty.”

The scene was cleared just after 1am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Beccles and Bungay Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Beccles and Bungay Journal