Man, 75, treated after early morning kitchen blaze
- Credit: Archant
A 75-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire at his home in the early hours of the morning.
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a house in Reeve’s Close, Bungay, at 12.40am today (Tuesday, November 27).
Four crews from Bungay, Beccles, Harleston and Loddon were called to the blaze – however it was put out before they arrived.
A spokesman for the fire service said the East of England Ambulance service were also called to provide treatment to a 75 year-old man “suffering from smoke inhalation”.
The spokesman added: “Firefighters also provided oxygen therapy to the casualty.”
You may also want to watch:
The scene was cleared just after 1am.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 5 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award