Remembrance Sunday in Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth and Loddon
HUNDREDS of people will gather this weekend to pay their respects to those who tragically lost their lives in the line of duty.
Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday will be marked in Beccles with a two minute silence at 11am followed by a wreath laying ceremony at Beccles War Memorial in St Mary’s Road at 1.45pm.
A procession will then make its way to St Michael’s Church in the town centre for a service of remembrance.
In Bungay a two minute silence will take place at the war memorial at 11am.
A remembrance service takes place at St Mary’s Church at 3pm. The service will be preceded by a town parade, leaving the Royal British Legion Club in Priory Lane at 2.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
A wreath laying ceremony will follow at the war memorial before a gathering at the Royal British Legion Club.
A procession will walk from Halesworth Library to St Mary’s Church for a service at 3pm on Sunday after which wreaths will be laid at the war memorial in the arboretum.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 10 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
The Royal British Legion will be in attendance as well as the army cadets.
And in Loddon a parade begins at 10.30am from Chedgrave to Loddon led by Royal British Legion members, army cadets and standards bearers.
There will be a two minute silence at the war memorial at 11am followed by a service at Holy Trinity Church.