One-way road closed for emergency sewer repairs
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A one-way street in Beccles has been closed while work is carried out to investigate and repair a collapsed sewer.
The full length of Northgate has been closed off for the emergency work, with the affected sewer midway down the road.
It follows several reports of a hole in the road, with temporary repairs being carried out over the last few weeks.
The closure could be in place until February 14, although a spokesman from Suffolk County Council said it was hoped the road would reopen before that date.
The one-way system will be temporarily suspended to allow for a two-way traffic flow for residents only.
You may also want to watch:
Access will be controlled by gatemen during normal working hours.
A diversion route has been put in place, with vehicles being directed down Saltgate, The Walk, Market Street, Station Road, George Westwood Way, the A146 Norwich Road, Loddon Road and Gillingham Dam.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital