One-way road closed for emergency sewer repairs
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A one-way street in Beccles has been closed while work is carried out to investigate and repair a collapsed sewer.
The full length of Northgate has been closed off for the emergency work, with the affected sewer midway down the road.
It follows several reports of a hole in the road, with temporary repairs being carried out over the last few weeks.
The closure could be in place until February 14, although a spokesman from Suffolk County Council said it was hoped the road would reopen before that date.
The one-way system will be temporarily suspended to allow for a two-way traffic flow for residents only.
You may also want to watch:
Access will be controlled by gatemen during normal working hours.
A diversion route has been put in place, with vehicles being directed down Saltgate, The Walk, Market Street, Station Road, George Westwood Way, the A146 Norwich Road, Loddon Road and Gillingham Dam.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 4 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage