One-way road closed for emergency sewer repairs
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A one-way street in Beccles has been closed while work is carried out to investigate and repair a collapsed sewer.
The full length of Northgate has been closed off for the emergency work, with the affected sewer midway down the road.
It follows several reports of a hole in the road, with temporary repairs being carried out over the last few weeks.
The closure could be in place until February 14, although a spokesman from Suffolk County Council said it was hoped the road would reopen before that date.
The one-way system will be temporarily suspended to allow for a two-way traffic flow for residents only.
You may also want to watch:
Access will be controlled by gatemen during normal working hours.
A diversion route has been put in place, with vehicles being directed down Saltgate, The Walk, Market Street, Station Road, George Westwood Way, the A146 Norwich Road, Loddon Road and Gillingham Dam.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk