One-way road closed for emergency sewer repairs
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A one-way street in Beccles has been closed while work is carried out to investigate and repair a collapsed sewer.
The full length of Northgate has been closed off for the emergency work, with the affected sewer midway down the road.
It follows several reports of a hole in the road, with temporary repairs being carried out over the last few weeks.
The closure could be in place until February 14, although a spokesman from Suffolk County Council said it was hoped the road would reopen before that date.
The one-way system will be temporarily suspended to allow for a two-way traffic flow for residents only.
You may also want to watch:
Access will be controlled by gatemen during normal working hours.
A diversion route has been put in place, with vehicles being directed down Saltgate, The Walk, Market Street, Station Road, George Westwood Way, the A146 Norwich Road, Loddon Road and Gillingham Dam.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it
- 10 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman