One-way road closed for emergency sewer repairs
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A one-way street in Beccles has been closed while work is carried out to investigate and repair a collapsed sewer.
The full length of Northgate has been closed off for the emergency work, with the affected sewer midway down the road.
It follows several reports of a hole in the road, with temporary repairs being carried out over the last few weeks.
The closure could be in place until February 14, although a spokesman from Suffolk County Council said it was hoped the road would reopen before that date.
The one-way system will be temporarily suspended to allow for a two-way traffic flow for residents only.
Access will be controlled by gatemen during normal working hours.
A diversion route has been put in place, with vehicles being directed down Saltgate, The Walk, Market Street, Station Road, George Westwood Way, the A146 Norwich Road, Loddon Road and Gillingham Dam.
- 1 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 2 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 3 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 6 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 7 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 8 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 9 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk
- 10 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner