Road poised to become 30mph
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.
The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A report on the proposed change by Suffolk County Council said: “An extension of the existing 30 mph speed limit on Beccles Road is considered more appropriate than the existing 40 mph in the interests of road safety because motorists would be approaching the roundabout at lower speeds.
“As this length of road has street lighting, it will then become subject to a 30 mph limit without the need for a traffic regulation order.”
You may also want to watch:
Objections or representations about this order must be made in writing, by April 30, to David White, head of legal services, Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 10 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead