Road poised to become 30mph
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.
The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A report on the proposed change by Suffolk County Council said: “An extension of the existing 30 mph speed limit on Beccles Road is considered more appropriate than the existing 40 mph in the interests of road safety because motorists would be approaching the roundabout at lower speeds.
“As this length of road has street lighting, it will then become subject to a 30 mph limit without the need for a traffic regulation order.”
You may also want to watch:
Objections or representations about this order must be made in writing, by April 30, to David White, head of legal services, Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Tributes to much-loved mother who 'cared for everyone'
- 3 Former soldier jailed after pointing fake gun at ex-partner
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 5 More walk-in Covid vaccine appointments offered at town pharmacy
- 6 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 7 Latitude decision will be made by end of the week, boss says
- 8 Two-car crash on A12 causes delays
- 9 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 10 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy