Road poised to become 30mph
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.
The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A report on the proposed change by Suffolk County Council said: “An extension of the existing 30 mph speed limit on Beccles Road is considered more appropriate than the existing 40 mph in the interests of road safety because motorists would be approaching the roundabout at lower speeds.
“As this length of road has street lighting, it will then become subject to a 30 mph limit without the need for a traffic regulation order.”
You may also want to watch:
Objections or representations about this order must be made in writing, by April 30, to David White, head of legal services, Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 4 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 5 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes