Road poised to become 30mph
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A SECTION of the main A146 Beccles road is poised to become a 30mph zone.
The lower speed limit has been proposed for a 40mph stretch, running west from the Beccles Road roundabout in Carlton Colville for 250m towards Beccles.
A report on the proposed change by Suffolk County Council said: “An extension of the existing 30 mph speed limit on Beccles Road is considered more appropriate than the existing 40 mph in the interests of road safety because motorists would be approaching the roundabout at lower speeds.
“As this length of road has street lighting, it will then become subject to a 30 mph limit without the need for a traffic regulation order.”
You may also want to watch:
Objections or representations about this order must be made in writing, by April 30, to David White, head of legal services, Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow