‘An accident waiting to happen’: Road re-opened after car and scaffolding lorry collide
- Credit: Archant
A road has re-opened after an incident involving a car and scaffolding lorry.
Beccles Road, in Bungay, was closed for more than half an hour as officers dealt with the collision, which took place at 9am.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Constabulary said: "We were called just after 9am for a two vehicle road traffic collision on Beccles Road between a car and a van.
"One lane was blocked, and there are no injuries. The road was cleared shortly after 9.30am."
The collision took place at the bend before the bridge on the road, where there is currently scaffolding work installed.
Responding to the incident on Facebook, one person said "it was an accident waiting to happen".
They added: "I was coming around the corner yesterday and another car nearly went straight into me as it was overtaking the scaffolding and scaffolding lorry parked on the road.
- 1 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 4 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 5 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 6 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 7 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 8 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
"You can't overtake like that on a corner not knowing what is coming the other way."
Neither Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service or the ambulance were required at the collision.