‘An accident waiting to happen’: Road re-opened after car and scaffolding lorry collide
- Credit: Archant
A road has re-opened after an incident involving a car and scaffolding lorry.
Beccles Road, in Bungay, was closed for more than half an hour as officers dealt with the collision, which took place at 9am.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Constabulary said: "We were called just after 9am for a two vehicle road traffic collision on Beccles Road between a car and a van.
"One lane was blocked, and there are no injuries. The road was cleared shortly after 9.30am."
The collision took place at the bend before the bridge on the road, where there is currently scaffolding work installed.
You may also want to watch:
Responding to the incident on Facebook, one person said "it was an accident waiting to happen".
They added: "I was coming around the corner yesterday and another car nearly went straight into me as it was overtaking the scaffolding and scaffolding lorry parked on the road.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
"You can't overtake like that on a corner not knowing what is coming the other way."
Neither Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service or the ambulance were required at the collision.