Road reopens after crash
A man has been flown to hospital by air ambulance with serious injuries following a collision between two cars on a Suffolk road today.A red Citroen Saxo and a red Vauxhall Corsa were in collision on the A144 at Ilketshall St John, near Bungay, shortly before 8.
A man has been flown to hospital by air ambulance with serious injuries following a collision between two cars on a Suffolk road today.
A red Citroen Saxo and a red Vauxhall Corsa were in collision on the A144 at Ilketshall St John, near Bungay, shortly before 8.45am.
The driver of the Saxo was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital via air ambulance and he was said to be in a serious but stable condition.
There were five occupants in the Corsa and they were all taken to either the N&N or the James Paget University Hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Bungay, Beccles and Normanshurst in Lowestoft were called to the scene and released two casualties from the wreckage.
The road was closed for more than four hours after the crash but has since reopened.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
Witnesses to the collision are asked to call PC Andy Fossey at the serious collision investigation team at Suffolk police headquarters on 01473 613500.