Road reopens after crash
A man has been flown to hospital by air ambulance with serious injuries following a collision between two cars on a Suffolk road today.A red Citroen Saxo and a red Vauxhall Corsa were in collision on the A144 at Ilketshall St John, near Bungay, shortly before 8.
A man has been flown to hospital by air ambulance with serious injuries following a collision between two cars on a Suffolk road today.
A red Citroen Saxo and a red Vauxhall Corsa were in collision on the A144 at Ilketshall St John, near Bungay, shortly before 8.45am.
The driver of the Saxo was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital via air ambulance and he was said to be in a serious but stable condition.
There were five occupants in the Corsa and they were all taken to either the N&N or the James Paget University Hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Bungay, Beccles and Normanshurst in Lowestoft were called to the scene and released two casualties from the wreckage.
The road was closed for more than four hours after the crash but has since reopened.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 9 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 10 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
Witnesses to the collision are asked to call PC Andy Fossey at the serious collision investigation team at Suffolk police headquarters on 01473 613500.