Road reopens after crash
A man has been flown to hospital by air ambulance with serious injuries following a collision between two cars on a Suffolk road today.A red Citroen Saxo and a red Vauxhall Corsa were in collision on the A144 at Ilketshall St John, near Bungay, shortly before 8.
A man has been flown to hospital by air ambulance with serious injuries following a collision between two cars on a Suffolk road today.
A red Citroen Saxo and a red Vauxhall Corsa were in collision on the A144 at Ilketshall St John, near Bungay, shortly before 8.45am.
The driver of the Saxo was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital via air ambulance and he was said to be in a serious but stable condition.
There were five occupants in the Corsa and they were all taken to either the N&N or the James Paget University Hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Bungay, Beccles and Normanshurst in Lowestoft were called to the scene and released two casualties from the wreckage.
The road was closed for more than four hours after the crash but has since reopened.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
Witnesses to the collision are asked to call PC Andy Fossey at the serious collision investigation team at Suffolk police headquarters on 01473 613500.