Road will be closed for bridge work
THE A144 road between Bungay and Halesworth will be closed for up to 10 days in the spring.A major project to rebuild the bridge carrying the A144 over the railway line at Spexhall needs to be carried out.
THE A144 road between Bungay and Halesworth will be closed for up to 10 days in the spring.
A major project to rebuild the bridge carrying the A144 over the railway line at Spexhall needs to be carried out. The road carries heavy traffic, including Bernard Matthews lorries travelling between its Holton factory and Great Witchingham, which will have to be diverted through narrow rural B roads between February 27 and March 8.
County councillor Morris Rose said the only practical diversions would be via B roads, but they would be well signposted.
“I am sure the work will be done as speedily as possible, and in most cases such work takes less time than the published closure dates,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the work will be met by Suffolk County Council, Network Rail and other agencies.
- 1 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 2 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 3 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 6 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
- 7 Grandmother killed in A143 crash while walking home with husband
- 8 Homes challenged to create their own wildflower biodiversity spots
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Anger at developer's consultation over 950 new homes