Road will be closed for bridge work
THE A144 road between Bungay and Halesworth will be closed for up to 10 days in the spring.A major project to rebuild the bridge carrying the A144 over the railway line at Spexhall needs to be carried out.
THE A144 road between Bungay and Halesworth will be closed for up to 10 days in the spring.
A major project to rebuild the bridge carrying the A144 over the railway line at Spexhall needs to be carried out. The road carries heavy traffic, including Bernard Matthews lorries travelling between its Holton factory and Great Witchingham, which will have to be diverted through narrow rural B roads between February 27 and March 8.
County councillor Morris Rose said the only practical diversions would be via B roads, but they would be well signposted.
“I am sure the work will be done as speedily as possible, and in most cases such work takes less time than the published closure dates,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the work will be met by Suffolk County Council, Network Rail and other agencies.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 8 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more