Bereavement support group to launch in Beccles
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A bereavement support group will begin next week to tackle loneliness in Beccles.
Rosedale Funeral Home are running the eight-week course, which is open to all, no matter how long ago the bereavement, or which funeral director was used.
Director Anne Beckett-Allen said: "Grief is a natural reaction when someone you care about dies.
"It can be a distressing time but, for many, the impact of someone's death can often hit us harder than we thought it would.
"This often takes a while to emerge as, although we know that someone has died, believing, and actually processing, that information can take a long time, but with the right support the grieving process can be made bearable."
The group starts on Tuesday, June 7 at 10am until 11.30am at the Friend's Meeting House, on Smallgate, Beccles.
Places are limited so anyone planning on attending is asked to register by calling 07753 299925.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead