Bereavement support group to launch in Beccles
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A bereavement support group will begin next week to tackle loneliness in Beccles.
Rosedale Funeral Home are running the eight-week course, which is open to all, no matter how long ago the bereavement, or which funeral director was used.
Director Anne Beckett-Allen said: "Grief is a natural reaction when someone you care about dies.
"It can be a distressing time but, for many, the impact of someone's death can often hit us harder than we thought it would.
"This often takes a while to emerge as, although we know that someone has died, believing, and actually processing, that information can take a long time, but with the right support the grieving process can be made bearable."
The group starts on Tuesday, June 7 at 10am until 11.30am at the Friend's Meeting House, on Smallgate, Beccles.
Places are limited so anyone planning on attending is asked to register by calling 07753 299925.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 4 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 5 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes