Roy Hudd's Bungay signing
ROY Hudd, the popular screen and radio personality has made a whistle stop in Bungay to sign copies of his new autobiography.A Fart in a Colander is his latest offering in a 50-year career, and in line with its launch, Mr Hudd visited the Gazette Bookshop to meet his fans.
ROY Hudd, the popular screen and radio personality has made a whistle stop in Bungay to sign copies of his new autobiography.
A Fart in a Colander is his latest offering in a 50-year career, and in line with its launch, Mr Hudd visited the Gazette Bookshop to meet his fans.
Mr Hudd first became famous in the sixties with his television shows The Illustrated Weekly Hudd and The Roy Hudd Show. He first started in pantomime alongside Arthur Askey at the Wimbledon Theatre in The Sleeping Beauty in the 1950s, and has played in Danny La Rue's long running review at the Palace Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue.
More recently he was in Dennis Potter's television play Lipstick on Your Collar and played the role of undertaker Archie Shuttleworth in Coronation Street.
You may also want to watch:
At the moment he is filming Missing, a BBC drama, alongside Pauline Quirk.
Mr Hudd, is best known for his long-running radio comedy show The News Huddlines which ran for 26 years on BBC Radio 2.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published
Douglas Johnstone, owner of Gazette Bookshop said there was a good turnout with several copies of the book sold.
“Everybody who was there really enjoyed it and he made everyone laugh. He was just like he is on the stage, completely normal and unaffected. It's definitely put us on the map here in Bungay.”
For further details, telephone Douglas Johnstone at 2 Upper Olland Street on 01986 894885, or email email@example.com.
Fart in a Colander is published by Michael O'Mara at �20.