Warning as bogus insulation firm charges up to £9000 for inspections
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Officials have warned householders to be alert following a spate of scam insulation phone calls.
Suffolk Trading Standards officers have urged people to beware the "bogus calls" from a company claiming to "investigate unsafe insulation".
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "Beware of bogus calls from a company asking to come and inspect recently installed insulation.
"We have received a number of reports from Suffolk residents who have had telephone calls from a company who sometimes claim to be working on behalf of Trading Standards.
"They state that they are helping to be investigate unsafe insulation, and the installation of insulation by cowboy firms.
"This is false!
"Residents have then had visits from individuals who 'inspect' the insulation and claim it is unsafe and that it needs to be removed, and replaced.
- 1 New lease of life for fire ravaged town centre store
- 2 'Leisure will be back' - Beccles reacts to PM roadmap announcement
- 3 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 4 Bid for £6m so towns and villages can combat flooding
- 5 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 6 Former mayor given honour after 'tireless' efforts to help community
- 7 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 8 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 9 Lockdown Covid breach and vehicles seized on 'busy day of action'
- 10 Woman in her 60s 'pushed' by man after dog altercation
"This they are able to do at a cost - reportedly between £5000 and £9000."
If you have any concerns about a company that has contacted you, call Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133.