Scarecrow festival is utterly enchanting
PEOPLE were warned to expect the unexpected at a scarecrow festival in a south Norfolk town at the weekend.Loddon's annual scarecrow festival took place with the theme of scarecrows as fairies, fairy tales, myths and legends.
PEOPLE were warned to expect the unexpected at a scarecrow festival in a south Norfolk town at the weekend.
Loddon's annual scarecrow festival took place with the theme of scarecrows as fairies, fairy tales, myths and legends.
As well as the scarecrows and a competition to find the best in class, there were stalls selling refreshments, cakes, and produce.
Proceeds from the two-day event will go to the maintenance of Holy Trinity Church, one of the oldest buildings in Loddon.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday children dressed up as scarecrows and people were able to take a trip up the church tower to enjoy spectacular views over the Broads.
There was also an open air songs of praise at Loddon Staithe yesterday morning.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed