School makes visible progress
DOZENS of children were given a safety boost on Monday when a building firm handed out high-visibility jackets at an under-construction school.Work began on a �2.
DOZENS of children were given a safety boost on Monday when a building firm handed out high-visibility jackets at an under-construction school.
Work began on a �2.2m scheme to extend and refurbish Hempnall Primary School last summer.
Mansell Construction Services, which is carrying out the project, is helping to keep the 90 students safe by giving a high-vis jacket to every pupil.
The new garments, which will be used on outdoor activities, including the regular walk to physical education lessons in the village hall, comes as the first phase of the building work comes to an end.
You may also want to watch:
South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon, who turned the first spade of earth in the project, paid another visit on Monday to get a progress report.
Staff and pupils are set to move into the new facility, including four new classrooms, hall, kitchen, main entrance, reception, offices, and toilets, in May, when work will begin to remodel the existing school building, in The Street, Hempnall. The whole project is expected to be completed in the autumn.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
Headteacher Miriam Elston said it was “exciting” to see the work coming to an end, which had been in the pipeline since the school converted from a first school to a primary three years ago.