School to host national U15s rugby festival
- Credit: Archant
A national under 15s rugby festival is being held for the third year running at a school in Norfolk.
Langley School in Loddon will host the event this weekend when the RBS Six Nations Trophy will be on display.
Headmaster Dominic Findlay said: “We are incredibly excited as momentum continues to build with our recent addition of Leicester Tigers Academy as one of our Sporting Partners.
“This event has been a huge success for us the last two years and this year is set to be even better.”
The festival will showcase 10 of the best school rugby teams in the UK, including Bedford, Brighton College, Dean Close, Langley, Merchiston Castle, Edinburgh, RGS Newcastle, Solihull, Sherborne, St Peter’s, York and last year’s winners St Peter’s, Gloucester.
Director of sport at Langley School Tim Malone said: “The competition is a real test nationally and helps many of the schools and players take a step up to even higher levels of competition.
“This includes some of Langley’s own students; three of whom represented the school in this competition in 2013 and went on to represent one of the England Teams at the Wellington International Rugby Festival earlier this year, facing France and Wales U16s and Italy U17s.
- 1 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 2 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 3 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
“Rugby at Langley School continues to develop with our new academy partnership with Leicester Tigers which has seen five current students contracted to the Tiger’s Academy. We are very proud that an elite squad of 30 rugby players at our school are benefitting from weekly coaching sessions delivered by academy coaches such as Tosh Askew, Dave Wilks and Anthony Allen.”
Entrance is free and people can turn up on the day to enjoy the fantastic rugby, refreshments and beautiful setting of Langley School.
The event runs from 9am until 4.45pm tomorrow and 8.30am until 1pm Sunday.