School to host national U15s rugby festival
- Credit: Archant
A national under 15s rugby festival is being held for the third year running at a school in Norfolk.
Langley School in Loddon will host the event this weekend when the RBS Six Nations Trophy will be on display.
Headmaster Dominic Findlay said: “We are incredibly excited as momentum continues to build with our recent addition of Leicester Tigers Academy as one of our Sporting Partners.
“This event has been a huge success for us the last two years and this year is set to be even better.”
The festival will showcase 10 of the best school rugby teams in the UK, including Bedford, Brighton College, Dean Close, Langley, Merchiston Castle, Edinburgh, RGS Newcastle, Solihull, Sherborne, St Peter’s, York and last year’s winners St Peter’s, Gloucester.
You may also want to watch:
Director of sport at Langley School Tim Malone said: “The competition is a real test nationally and helps many of the schools and players take a step up to even higher levels of competition.
“This includes some of Langley’s own students; three of whom represented the school in this competition in 2013 and went on to represent one of the England Teams at the Wellington International Rugby Festival earlier this year, facing France and Wales U16s and Italy U17s.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected for next three weeks
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
“Rugby at Langley School continues to develop with our new academy partnership with Leicester Tigers which has seen five current students contracted to the Tiger’s Academy. We are very proud that an elite squad of 30 rugby players at our school are benefitting from weekly coaching sessions delivered by academy coaches such as Tosh Askew, Dave Wilks and Anthony Allen.”
Entrance is free and people can turn up on the day to enjoy the fantastic rugby, refreshments and beautiful setting of Langley School.
The event runs from 9am until 4.45pm tomorrow and 8.30am until 1pm Sunday.