School to host national U15s rugby festival
- Credit: Archant
A national under 15s rugby festival is being held for the third year running at a school in Norfolk.
Langley School in Loddon will host the event this weekend when the RBS Six Nations Trophy will be on display.
Headmaster Dominic Findlay said: “We are incredibly excited as momentum continues to build with our recent addition of Leicester Tigers Academy as one of our Sporting Partners.
“This event has been a huge success for us the last two years and this year is set to be even better.”
The festival will showcase 10 of the best school rugby teams in the UK, including Bedford, Brighton College, Dean Close, Langley, Merchiston Castle, Edinburgh, RGS Newcastle, Solihull, Sherborne, St Peter’s, York and last year’s winners St Peter’s, Gloucester.
You may also want to watch:
Director of sport at Langley School Tim Malone said: “The competition is a real test nationally and helps many of the schools and players take a step up to even higher levels of competition.
“This includes some of Langley’s own students; three of whom represented the school in this competition in 2013 and went on to represent one of the England Teams at the Wellington International Rugby Festival earlier this year, facing France and Wales U16s and Italy U17s.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 4 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 5 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 6 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café
“Rugby at Langley School continues to develop with our new academy partnership with Leicester Tigers which has seen five current students contracted to the Tiger’s Academy. We are very proud that an elite squad of 30 rugby players at our school are benefitting from weekly coaching sessions delivered by academy coaches such as Tosh Askew, Dave Wilks and Anthony Allen.”
Entrance is free and people can turn up on the day to enjoy the fantastic rugby, refreshments and beautiful setting of Langley School.
The event runs from 9am until 4.45pm tomorrow and 8.30am until 1pm Sunday.