Scorching summer set to continue
THIS summer's heatwave is showing no signs of cooling off, according to weather forecasters who have predicted more hot weather this week.Since early June the county has been bathed in stunning sunshine sending temperatures soaring.
THIS summer's heatwave is showing no signs of cooling off, according to weather forecasters who have predicted more hot weather this week.
Since early June the county has been bathed in stunning sunshine sending temperatures soaring.
Weather experts have said the dry spell is starting to bring drought conditions with no significant rainfall for weeks.
Forecaster at Weatherquest, Steve Western said we could enjoy highs of 29C this week.
You may also want to watch:
“For the rest of the week ahead it appears to be mainly dry, staying warm and fairly sunny,” he said. “It will be hot again on Wednesday and Saturday in particular, when we could see temperatures reach 29C again.”
He warned there are likely to be thundery showers on Sunday but these will clear for another sunny spell next week.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
Mr Western added: “The outlook for the next couple of weeks is more hot, sunny and dry weather.
“It has been a very dry summer all around with the average temperatures well above average and average rainfall well below average.”