Scorching summer set to continue
THIS summer's heatwave is showing no signs of cooling off, according to weather forecasters who have predicted more hot weather this week.Since early June the county has been bathed in stunning sunshine sending temperatures soaring.
THIS summer's heatwave is showing no signs of cooling off, according to weather forecasters who have predicted more hot weather this week.
Since early June the county has been bathed in stunning sunshine sending temperatures soaring.
Weather experts have said the dry spell is starting to bring drought conditions with no significant rainfall for weeks.
Forecaster at Weatherquest, Steve Western said we could enjoy highs of 29C this week.
“For the rest of the week ahead it appears to be mainly dry, staying warm and fairly sunny,” he said. “It will be hot again on Wednesday and Saturday in particular, when we could see temperatures reach 29C again.”
He warned there are likely to be thundery showers on Sunday but these will clear for another sunny spell next week.
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 4 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 5 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 6 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 7 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 8 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 9 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 10 Theatre group set for tour of outdoor venues with latest performances
Mr Western added: “The outlook for the next couple of weeks is more hot, sunny and dry weather.
“It has been a very dry summer all around with the average temperatures well above average and average rainfall well below average.”