Scotch egg pizza unveiled at Norfolk restaurant
- Credit: Oakfired
It may not be the most likely candidate to capture the hearts of the nation.
But the scotch egg, which has been making headlines after being deemed a substantial meal by MPs, has proved another source of inspiration for a Norfolk restaurant.
Pizzeria Oakfired, which is based at The Royal Oak pub in Beccles, has added a scotch egg themed pizza to the menu.
The 'substantial meal' pizza includes a scotch egg, pickles and different cheeses as toppings.
Seasonal pizzas have also made a return, with the Oakies Natale 'Christmas dinner on a pizza' now being served to diners.
You may also want to watch:
The toppings on the pizza are turkey, stuffing, all the trimmings and a cranberry sauce.
Paul Jackson, from Oakfired, said: "We are sure to survive and looking forward to getting back to normal."
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'