Scout groups to take part in St George’s Day parade in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Local scout groups are to hold their traditional St George’s Day parade in Bungay this weekend.
The Waveney District Guides and Scouts will have their parade and service on Sunday.
It will run from the old grammer playing fields in the town at 2.15pm to Bungay High School and return for 3.30pm.
St George is the patron saint of scouting and the groups will get together on that day to renew their scouting promises.
The Waveney Valley scouts comprise of six groups; the 2nd and 5th Beccles groups, 1st Bungay Sea Scouts, and 1st scouts in Earsham, Halesworth and Southwold.
You may also want to watch:
The groups comprise of young people aged between six and 18.
Hilary Prior, district comissioner of the Waveney Valley scouts has also invited local guiding sections to join along on the day.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed