Scout groups to take part in St George’s Day parade in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Local scout groups are to hold their traditional St George’s Day parade in Bungay this weekend.
The Waveney District Guides and Scouts will have their parade and service on Sunday.
It will run from the old grammer playing fields in the town at 2.15pm to Bungay High School and return for 3.30pm.
St George is the patron saint of scouting and the groups will get together on that day to renew their scouting promises.
The Waveney Valley scouts comprise of six groups; the 2nd and 5th Beccles groups, 1st Bungay Sea Scouts, and 1st scouts in Earsham, Halesworth and Southwold.
The groups comprise of young people aged between six and 18.
Hilary Prior, district comissioner of the Waveney Valley scouts has also invited local guiding sections to join along on the day.
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 8 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 9 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion
- 10 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition