Scout groups to take part in St George’s Day parade in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Local scout groups are to hold their traditional St George’s Day parade in Bungay this weekend.
The Waveney District Guides and Scouts will have their parade and service on Sunday.
It will run from the old grammer playing fields in the town at 2.15pm to Bungay High School and return for 3.30pm.
St George is the patron saint of scouting and the groups will get together on that day to renew their scouting promises.
The Waveney Valley scouts comprise of six groups; the 2nd and 5th Beccles groups, 1st Bungay Sea Scouts, and 1st scouts in Earsham, Halesworth and Southwold.
You may also want to watch:
The groups comprise of young people aged between six and 18.
Hilary Prior, district comissioner of the Waveney Valley scouts has also invited local guiding sections to join along on the day.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message