Self-defence and sign language classes on offer at The Venue in Beccles
- Credit: Archant
The Venue in Beccles is set to run two exciting new classes, enabling members of the public to learn useful life skills.
On Saturday, July 29, there will be a self-defence session led by Street Smart Self Defence.
Participants will be taught valuable knowledge and skills in order to defend themselves should they ever feel threatened or find themselves in a vulnerable position.
The class, which takes place from 9am to 1pm in the main hall, costs £20 and is suitable for anyone eight-years-old and above.
To book tickets, call The Venue reception on 01502 712039.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Sir John Leman High School will be running a British Sign Language course.
Starting on September 13, classes will take place every Wednesday from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 10 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
Content will include the manual alphabet, numbers, animals, colours and deaf awareness.
The six-week long course costs £79, including all resources.
For booking details and further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.