Self-defence and sign language classes on offer at The Venue in Beccles
- Credit: Archant
The Venue in Beccles is set to run two exciting new classes, enabling members of the public to learn useful life skills.
On Saturday, July 29, there will be a self-defence session led by Street Smart Self Defence.
Participants will be taught valuable knowledge and skills in order to defend themselves should they ever feel threatened or find themselves in a vulnerable position.
The class, which takes place from 9am to 1pm in the main hall, costs £20 and is suitable for anyone eight-years-old and above.
To book tickets, call The Venue reception on 01502 712039.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Sir John Leman High School will be running a British Sign Language course.
Starting on September 13, classes will take place every Wednesday from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
Content will include the manual alphabet, numbers, animals, colours and deaf awareness.
The six-week long course costs £79, including all resources.
For booking details and further information, please email email@example.com.