Self-defence and sign language classes on offer at The Venue in Beccles
- Credit: Archant
The Venue in Beccles is set to run two exciting new classes, enabling members of the public to learn useful life skills.
On Saturday, July 29, there will be a self-defence session led by Street Smart Self Defence.
Participants will be taught valuable knowledge and skills in order to defend themselves should they ever feel threatened or find themselves in a vulnerable position.
The class, which takes place from 9am to 1pm in the main hall, costs £20 and is suitable for anyone eight-years-old and above.
To book tickets, call The Venue reception on 01502 712039.
Meanwhile, Sir John Leman High School will be running a British Sign Language course.
Starting on September 13, classes will take place every Wednesday from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 2 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 3 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 4 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 5 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 6 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 7 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 8 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 9 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
Content will include the manual alphabet, numbers, animals, colours and deaf awareness.
The six-week long course costs £79, including all resources.
For booking details and further information, please email email@example.com.