Sign up for Dads' World Cup
ORGANISERS of a community football tournament are urging more men to sign up for the event.The Dads' World Cup event is being held on Saturday, June 19, as part of a free family fun day at Kirkley Community High School in Kirkley Run, Lowestoft.
ORGANISERS of a community football tournament are urging more men to sign up for the event.
The Dads' World Cup event is being held on Saturday, June 19, as part of a free family fun day at Kirkley Community High School in Kirkley Run, Lowestoft.
The organisers, at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, are keen for dads to sign up to take part in the competition.
Tracey Read, health promotion practitioner for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “We need teams of dads - and their friends, sons, brothers - of all ages and abilities to sign up. You don't have to be a brilliant football player.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a really fun event, especially with the real World Cup happening this year, and is open to all the family. There will be so many activities going on as well as the tournament.”
The day will kick-off from 11am and as well as the football match there will physical activity sessions for the family, dance classes, aerobics, martial arts tasters as well as a bouncy castle and a children's entertainer.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 8 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 9 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Lowestoft College, Tesco Beccles and South Lowestoft's Children's Centres are all supporting the event.
The winning team will receive a trophy, which has been donated by Tesco Beccles in Station Road.
Abi Fiske, Community Champion for Tesco's Beccles said: “We are pleased to support what will be a great day out for the whole family.”