Sign up for Dads' World Cup
ORGANISERS of a community football tournament are urging more men to sign up for the event.The Dads' World Cup event is being held on Saturday, June 19, as part of a free family fun day at Kirkley Community High School in Kirkley Run, Lowestoft.
ORGANISERS of a community football tournament are urging more men to sign up for the event.
The Dads' World Cup event is being held on Saturday, June 19, as part of a free family fun day at Kirkley Community High School in Kirkley Run, Lowestoft.
The organisers, at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, are keen for dads to sign up to take part in the competition.
Tracey Read, health promotion practitioner for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “We need teams of dads - and their friends, sons, brothers - of all ages and abilities to sign up. You don't have to be a brilliant football player.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a really fun event, especially with the real World Cup happening this year, and is open to all the family. There will be so many activities going on as well as the tournament.”
The day will kick-off from 11am and as well as the football match there will physical activity sessions for the family, dance classes, aerobics, martial arts tasters as well as a bouncy castle and a children's entertainer.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 6 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead
Lowestoft College, Tesco Beccles and South Lowestoft's Children's Centres are all supporting the event.
The winning team will receive a trophy, which has been donated by Tesco Beccles in Station Road.
Abi Fiske, Community Champion for Tesco's Beccles said: “We are pleased to support what will be a great day out for the whole family.”