Six-year-old Beccles girl has her hair cut for children’s charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A six-year-old girl has been inspired to have her first haircut in aid of a charity making wigs for children with cancer.
Olivia Webster, who lives in Beccles, had long hair flowing down her back.But the Old School Henstead pupil saw a video which made her want to part with her beloved locks.
“It was about a girl with cancer who lost her hair called Hannah,” said Olivia. “I wanted to donate my hair. It gets sent off to China and they make a wig and they send them to the little girls and boys without hair.”
Helped by her mother Lucy, Olivia decided to have her hair cut off, donate it to the Little Princess Trust, and raise £350 to cover the cost of making the wig.
Mrs Webster and Olivia held an open day at their house to raise the funds, offering face painting, a cake sale and hot drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Webster said: “It costs £350 to make the wig and we have raised that but anything extra would be a bonus.
“When it came to having her hair cut Olivia was very, very excited because she so wanted to help the other children.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 5 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 9 Multi-million pound river barrier to protect Broads being considered
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
“I’m so proud of her, her hair was lovely but she was so happy having it cut and she’s done something for a good cause. She loves her hair now.”
To sponsor Olivia, visit www.justgiving.com/Lucy-Webster5
Are you raising money for charity? Email the details to email@example.com or call 01502 715674 to speak to a reporter.