Snow set to hit Suffolk
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region. A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
Forecasters today predicted that the dull spell would continue for most of the week.
Steve Western, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: “Some of Suffolk has already had snow this morning, and other areas are likely to get some today as it makes its way across from other areas.
You may also want to watch:
“The snow is not expected to accumulate and it probably won't settle.
“Over the course of the next few days there is likely to still be a mixture of snow, sleet and rain - the weather will remain wet and unsettled for most of the week.”
- 1 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 4 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 5 Hunt continuing for man who drove at cyclist
- 6 'A long time coming' - gyms welcome people back for April 12 reopening
- 7 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 8 Crash between car and scooter on busy Norfolk road
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'This is not okay!' - Anger at waste dumped on village field
The rain has caused flooding in other parts of East Anglia, with Essex Fire Service being called to two incidents involving cars stuck in flood water.