Snow set to hit Suffolk
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region. A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
Forecasters today predicted that the dull spell would continue for most of the week.
Steve Western, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: “Some of Suffolk has already had snow this morning, and other areas are likely to get some today as it makes its way across from other areas.
You may also want to watch:
“The snow is not expected to accumulate and it probably won't settle.
“Over the course of the next few days there is likely to still be a mixture of snow, sleet and rain - the weather will remain wet and unsettled for most of the week.”
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 4 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 5 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 6 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
The rain has caused flooding in other parts of East Anglia, with Essex Fire Service being called to two incidents involving cars stuck in flood water.