Snow set to hit Suffolk
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region. A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
Forecasters today predicted that the dull spell would continue for most of the week.
Steve Western, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: “Some of Suffolk has already had snow this morning, and other areas are likely to get some today as it makes its way across from other areas.
You may also want to watch:
“The snow is not expected to accumulate and it probably won't settle.
“Over the course of the next few days there is likely to still be a mixture of snow, sleet and rain - the weather will remain wet and unsettled for most of the week.”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
The rain has caused flooding in other parts of East Anglia, with Essex Fire Service being called to two incidents involving cars stuck in flood water.