Snow set to hit Suffolk
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region. A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
Forecasters today predicted that the dull spell would continue for most of the week.
Steve Western, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: “Some of Suffolk has already had snow this morning, and other areas are likely to get some today as it makes its way across from other areas.
You may also want to watch:
“The snow is not expected to accumulate and it probably won't settle.
“Over the course of the next few days there is likely to still be a mixture of snow, sleet and rain - the weather will remain wet and unsettled for most of the week.”
- 1 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 2 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
The rain has caused flooding in other parts of East Anglia, with Essex Fire Service being called to two incidents involving cars stuck in flood water.