Snow sweeps across Suffolk
SNOW showers swept across the county this morning as towns and villages woke to a blanket of white.Low pressure gathered off the north-east Norfolk coast is spreading down into Suffolk, with further flurries expected throughout the day.
SNOW showers swept across the county this morning as towns and villages woke to a blanket of white.
Low pressure gathered off the north-east Norfolk coast is spreading down into Suffolk, with further flurries expected throughout the day.
Steve Western, a forecaster from Weatherquest, said: “The snow is forecast to come south and deepen throughout the day.
“It will come right down, due south to reach Suffolk and Essex throughout the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Conditions were deteriorating at the Seven Hills interchange while visibility was reduced on the Orwell Bridge this morning.
Roads were said to be treacherous in Felixstowe this morning, as side roads and pavements were packed with ice.
- 1 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
The town was hushed as light snow fell early this morning, while Trimley St Mary was also blanketed in the early hours.
Snow was covering both lanes of the A14 at Bury St Edmunds as well as the A14 and A12 at Nacton.