Snow sweeps across Suffolk
SNOW showers swept across the county this morning as towns and villages woke to a blanket of white.Low pressure gathered off the north-east Norfolk coast is spreading down into Suffolk, with further flurries expected throughout the day.
SNOW showers swept across the county this morning as towns and villages woke to a blanket of white.
Low pressure gathered off the north-east Norfolk coast is spreading down into Suffolk, with further flurries expected throughout the day.
Steve Western, a forecaster from Weatherquest, said: “The snow is forecast to come south and deepen throughout the day.
“It will come right down, due south to reach Suffolk and Essex throughout the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Conditions were deteriorating at the Seven Hills interchange while visibility was reduced on the Orwell Bridge this morning.
Roads were said to be treacherous in Felixstowe this morning, as side roads and pavements were packed with ice.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
The town was hushed as light snow fell early this morning, while Trimley St Mary was also blanketed in the early hours.
Snow was covering both lanes of the A14 at Bury St Edmunds as well as the A14 and A12 at Nacton.