Couple to open their gates to the public for annual snowdrop day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A couple who have raised thousands of pounds over the years through their open garden events will once again be hosting their annual Snowdrop Day.
John and Brenda Foster will be opening their gates at Gable House in Redisham, on Sunday, February 18, as part of the National Gardens Scheme.
The couple said: “The galanthus collection of several hundred varieties is increasing every year with snowdrop events around the country helping to increase the numbers we grow.
“Snowdrops, aconites and spring bulbs will be for sale from our extensive collection.”
Mr and Mrs Foster have opened their garden every February for 19 years, raising thousands of pounds for their nursing charities.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 11am to 4.30pm, with admission £4 for adults and children free.
Soup lunches and homemade teas will also be available. For more information call 01502 575298.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 5 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 6 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 'We can achieve great things' - Autistic man releases film