Couple to open their gates to the public for annual snowdrop day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A couple who have raised thousands of pounds over the years through their open garden events will once again be hosting their annual Snowdrop Day.
John and Brenda Foster will be opening their gates at Gable House in Redisham, on Sunday, February 18, as part of the National Gardens Scheme.
The couple said: “The galanthus collection of several hundred varieties is increasing every year with snowdrop events around the country helping to increase the numbers we grow.
“Snowdrops, aconites and spring bulbs will be for sale from our extensive collection.”
Mr and Mrs Foster have opened their garden every February for 19 years, raising thousands of pounds for their nursing charities.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 11am to 4.30pm, with admission £4 for adults and children free.
Soup lunches and homemade teas will also be available. For more information call 01502 575298.
- 1 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 2 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 Town's post office to close within a month
- 8 'Christmas is happening in Beccles' - Theatre's relief as restrictions lifted
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears