Southwold beach huts are most 'Instagrammable' in UK
- Credit: Graeme Taplin/iWitness
Southwold's famous beach huts are the most 'Instagrammable' in the UK, according to a new survey.
A study carried out for retailer Matalan found there are an estimated 22,568 photos of the colourful huts on the social media platform - ahead of second-placed Whitstable in Kent, with approximately 20,644 posts.
The Southwold huts were also by far the most expensive of the top five in the survey, with £150,000 quoted as the eye-watering price to buy one.
Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk came third with 12,726 posts, with the price to buy one of these being quoted as £55,000.
Essex resorts featured in the list were Mersea Island, which came fifth with 7,144 beach hut posts, Walton on the Naze, seventh with 3,392 posts, and Frinton, 11th in the table with 1,168 images.
You may also want to watch:
The popularity of beach huts has soared this year, with one recent survey suggesting demand for beach huts have surged by 260% in six months, as more Brits plan staycations rather than travelling abroad due to Covid-19.
And a beach hut in Felixstowe recently hit the headlines when it sold for the resort's record price of £65,000 within hours.
Follow this link to see the full survey of Instagrammable beach huts.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 3 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café