Sporting action theme for camera club’s latest contest
- Credit: Archant
Members of Bungay Camera Club have taken part in the second competition of the season, with the theme ‘sporting action.’
Members rose to the occasion and all three segments of colour print, mono print and projected digital photographic image were well subscribed to.
Marks were awarded out of possible maximum of 20 by the judge who had great difficulty in separating the images which in turn lead to multiple second and third places being awarded.
As there was a tie for mono print first place, the judge gave David Morrell and extra ‘bonus’ point to award the top prize.
The winner of the colour print category was David Penrose with ‘Action and Reaction’, followed by Carol Maycock in second with ‘Mud Sweat and Gears’ and Andy Wilson in third with ‘Winning the Ball’.
You may also want to watch:
For mono print, David Morrell took the top spot with ‘Smoking Gun’, David Penrose came in second with ‘This is not going so well’ and Holly Stranks was third with ‘Race to the ball’.
And in the digital photographic image category, first place went to Jackie Moore with ‘Sport of Kings’, followed by David Penrose with ‘Try’ and Marion Ridgley with ‘Loan Wasp’ in joint second. The three members who took joint third were Holly Stranks with ‘Getting ready for evening flight’, Peter Nixon with ‘Played and missed’, Ray Mason with ‘Just for fun BMX Beccles’ and Colin Hoffman with ‘Speed on the Broads’.
For more information about the club visit bungaycameraclub.co.uk
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 8 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 9 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 10 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow