Amateur theatre group nominated for prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
An amateur theatre group from Beccles has been recognised for its hard work and nominated for an illustrious award.
Spotlight Musical Theatre Group’s adaptation of ‘Quadrophenia’ is listed in the Best Musical category in the Eastern Region 6 of the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA).
The musical adaptation received great reviews and played to near sell out audiences during its five show run last summer.
Quadrophenia show director Andy Osborne said: It’s a great honour to receive this nomination for a show very few have been privileged to stage - this was given to us by Pete Townsend’s production company Eel pie Productions.”
He added: “Everyone involved in this production worked tremendously hard and gave an excellent performance, none more so than my musical directors Brian parker and Simon Howe, who had to write all the missing band parts for all 17 Quadrophenia numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gala Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 13.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day