Amateur theatre group nominated for prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
An amateur theatre group from Beccles has been recognised for its hard work and nominated for an illustrious award.
Spotlight Musical Theatre Group’s adaptation of ‘Quadrophenia’ is listed in the Best Musical category in the Eastern Region 6 of the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA).
The musical adaptation received great reviews and played to near sell out audiences during its five show run last summer.
Quadrophenia show director Andy Osborne said: It’s a great honour to receive this nomination for a show very few have been privileged to stage - this was given to us by Pete Townsend’s production company Eel pie Productions.”
He added: “Everyone involved in this production worked tremendously hard and gave an excellent performance, none more so than my musical directors Brian parker and Simon Howe, who had to write all the missing band parts for all 17 Quadrophenia numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gala Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 13.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it
- 10 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman