Amateur theatre group nominated for prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
An amateur theatre group from Beccles has been recognised for its hard work and nominated for an illustrious award.
Spotlight Musical Theatre Group’s adaptation of ‘Quadrophenia’ is listed in the Best Musical category in the Eastern Region 6 of the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA).
The musical adaptation received great reviews and played to near sell out audiences during its five show run last summer.
Quadrophenia show director Andy Osborne said: It’s a great honour to receive this nomination for a show very few have been privileged to stage - this was given to us by Pete Townsend’s production company Eel pie Productions.”
He added: “Everyone involved in this production worked tremendously hard and gave an excellent performance, none more so than my musical directors Brian parker and Simon Howe, who had to write all the missing band parts for all 17 Quadrophenia numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gala Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 13.
- 1 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 7 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 8 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 9 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 10 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%