Amateur theatre group nominated for prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
An amateur theatre group from Beccles has been recognised for its hard work and nominated for an illustrious award.
Spotlight Musical Theatre Group’s adaptation of ‘Quadrophenia’ is listed in the Best Musical category in the Eastern Region 6 of the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA).
The musical adaptation received great reviews and played to near sell out audiences during its five show run last summer.
Quadrophenia show director Andy Osborne said: It’s a great honour to receive this nomination for a show very few have been privileged to stage - this was given to us by Pete Townsend’s production company Eel pie Productions.”
He added: “Everyone involved in this production worked tremendously hard and gave an excellent performance, none more so than my musical directors Brian parker and Simon Howe, who had to write all the missing band parts for all 17 Quadrophenia numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gala Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 13.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside