Amateur theatre group nominated for prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
An amateur theatre group from Beccles has been recognised for its hard work and nominated for an illustrious award.
Spotlight Musical Theatre Group’s adaptation of ‘Quadrophenia’ is listed in the Best Musical category in the Eastern Region 6 of the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA).
The musical adaptation received great reviews and played to near sell out audiences during its five show run last summer.
Quadrophenia show director Andy Osborne said: It’s a great honour to receive this nomination for a show very few have been privileged to stage - this was given to us by Pete Townsend’s production company Eel pie Productions.”
He added: “Everyone involved in this production worked tremendously hard and gave an excellent performance, none more so than my musical directors Brian parker and Simon Howe, who had to write all the missing band parts for all 17 Quadrophenia numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gala Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 13.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 7 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice