Church to hold World Day of Prayer service
- Credit: Archant © 2004
A church’s celebration for an international day of prayer has been rescheduled after adverse weather conditions hampered the initial event.
The annual congregation at St. Benet’s Catholic Church in Beccles for Women’s World Day of Prayer (WWDP) was postponed on March 2 due to bad weather.
However, the service - entitled ‘All God’s Creation is Very Good’ - has now been rescheduled for Saturday, April 28, at 2pm.
The WWDP, which is celebrated every year in over 170 countries, is aimed at bringing together women of different races, cultures and traditions.
Nevertheless, it is designed to include anyone who cares about the planet, meaning both men and women are invited to attend the service at St Benet’s.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s service was written by women from the Republic of Suriname in South America, who have asked the church to pray for the conservation and protection of wildlife.
Refreshments and cakes will be served at the Church Hall after the service.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk