St Olaves bridge to close overnight
Hayley Mace The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.
The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
A further closure, from midnight on Friday to no later than 6am on Saturday morning, will be necessary to complete the work.
You may also want to watch:
Pedestrians will be able to use the adjacent footbridge as normal, but for vehicles the signed diversion route will be via Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Haddiscoe.
From the north east to south west side of the bridge the diversion will be via A143 to Beccles Road Roundabout in Great Yarmouth, B1370 to A12 Lowestoft Road roundabout, A12 and A1117 to Lowestoft, A146 to Beccles and A143 through Haddiscoe back to St. Olaves.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
Norfolk County Council apologises for the inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.