St Olaves bridge to close overnight
Hayley Mace The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.
The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
A further closure, from midnight on Friday to no later than 6am on Saturday morning, will be necessary to complete the work.
You may also want to watch:
Pedestrians will be able to use the adjacent footbridge as normal, but for vehicles the signed diversion route will be via Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Haddiscoe.
From the north east to south west side of the bridge the diversion will be via A143 to Beccles Road Roundabout in Great Yarmouth, B1370 to A12 Lowestoft Road roundabout, A12 and A1117 to Lowestoft, A146 to Beccles and A143 through Haddiscoe back to St. Olaves.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
Norfolk County Council apologises for the inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.