St Olaves bridge to close overnight
Hayley Mace The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.
The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
A further closure, from midnight on Friday to no later than 6am on Saturday morning, will be necessary to complete the work.
You may also want to watch:
Pedestrians will be able to use the adjacent footbridge as normal, but for vehicles the signed diversion route will be via Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Haddiscoe.
From the north east to south west side of the bridge the diversion will be via A143 to Beccles Road Roundabout in Great Yarmouth, B1370 to A12 Lowestoft Road roundabout, A12 and A1117 to Lowestoft, A146 to Beccles and A143 through Haddiscoe back to St. Olaves.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 9 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 10 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
Norfolk County Council apologises for the inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.