St Olaves bridge to close overnight
Hayley Mace The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The bridge at St Olaves will be closed from midnight tonight until 6am tomorrow for resurfacing work.
The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
A further closure, from midnight on Friday to no later than 6am on Saturday morning, will be necessary to complete the work.
You may also want to watch:
Pedestrians will be able to use the adjacent footbridge as normal, but for vehicles the signed diversion route will be via Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Haddiscoe.
From the north east to south west side of the bridge the diversion will be via A143 to Beccles Road Roundabout in Great Yarmouth, B1370 to A12 Lowestoft Road roundabout, A12 and A1117 to Lowestoft, A146 to Beccles and A143 through Haddiscoe back to St. Olaves.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
Norfolk County Council apologises for the inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.