Annual boules tournament to raise money for village church
A Suffolk village will host its annual boules tournament in a bid to raise money for the local church.
Residents of St Peter South Elmham are inviting people of all ages to take part in the day of fun on Sunday, July 22.
The all-day event will be held at Ilketshall St Andrew Village, in School Road and raise money for St Peter’s Church.
An event spokesman said: “Anyone can play young and old, all abilities are welcome. All you need is a team of four to play.
“The event lasts all day with games played in leagues in the morning and in the afternoon teams play a knockout competition, the best teams play for the cup and the not so good teams play for the plate.”
If you would like more information or to enter a team email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Tim on 01986 782296 or Pam Bonnet on 01986 782265.
- 1 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 2 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 3 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
- 4 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 5 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 6 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 7 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 8 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 9 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 10 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk