Annual boules tournament to raise money for village church
A Suffolk village will host its annual boules tournament in a bid to raise money for the local church.
Residents of St Peter South Elmham are inviting people of all ages to take part in the day of fun on Sunday, July 22.
The all-day event will be held at Ilketshall St Andrew Village, in School Road and raise money for St Peter’s Church.
An event spokesman said: “Anyone can play young and old, all abilities are welcome. All you need is a team of four to play.
“The event lasts all day with games played in leagues in the morning and in the afternoon teams play a knockout competition, the best teams play for the cup and the not so good teams play for the plate.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like more information or to enter a team email email@example.com or ring Tim on 01986 782296 or Pam Bonnet on 01986 782265.
- 1 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
- 10 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars