Stalls, music and more at village’s annual street fayre
- Credit: Archant
A good turnout of people descended on Loddon for its annual street fayre.
Held last Sunday, May 27, the event saw the street, Church Plain and the Staithe adorned with various stalls selling cakes, plants, bric-a-brac, food and craft items.
And with the sun shining, visitors also enjoyed music and singing at Church Plain and the Staithe, giving a party atmosphere to the event.
The fire station was also open along with Loddon Country Market, and for the children there was a fancy dress competition and bouncy castle,
This month will see the popular scarecrow festival return to Loddon and Chedgrave, which will see creations popping up around both villages.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will culminate with the carnival parade on June 16.
Funds for the event were raised through a fun dog show hosted by the Chet Carnival and Community Group on May 6 at the Jubilee Hall playing fields.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles