Star Wars characters to help charity
THE Stormtroopers are coming to Bungay to help support the NSPCC.The characters from the cult science fiction series Star Wars will be at the Toy and Gift Emporium in the Market Place on Saturday, January 30, hopefully accompanied by other Star Wars characters.
THE Stormtroopers are coming to Bungay to help support the NSPCC.
The characters from the cult science fiction series Star Wars will be at the Toy and Gift Emporium in the Market Place on Saturday, January 30, hopefully accompanied by other Star Wars characters.
And shop owner Mary Seamons is taking the opportunity to help the NSPCC by arranging for children (and adults) to have their pictures taken with the Stormtroopers in return for a donation to the children's charity.
Someone will also win a lifesize cut-out of one of them. Mary said this week: “We will be also running a competition in January to win the lifesize Stormtrooper standee in the window. Customers may enter as many times as they like and will be offered an entry form per �10 spent from Monday this week. Customers can ask for a no purchase necessary entry form which is limited to one entry per household.”
You may also want to watch:
The lucky winner will be drawn from the correct entries by a Stormtrooper on January 30. The characters will be at the shop from 1pm that day.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 4 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 8 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 9 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England