Man charged in connection with Halesworth fire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who was missing for more than a week has been charged in connection with an incident of arson in Halesworth.
Stephen Wilson, 31, had last been seen in the town on Monday, June 11, but yesterday (Tuesday, June 19) he presented himself to police in Norfolk.
Wilson, of Poppy Close, Loddon, was then arrested by officers in connection with an incident of arson that took place in Market Place, Halesworth on June 11.
He was subsequently taken to Wymondham Police Investigation centre for questioning by detectives.
The 31-year-old has been charged with arson endangering life, common assault, breach of a restraining order and taking a vehicle without consent of the owner.
You may also want to watch:
Wilson has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday, July 18.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools