Man charged in connection with Halesworth fire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who was missing for more than a week has been charged in connection with an incident of arson in Halesworth.
Stephen Wilson, 31, had last been seen in the town on Monday, June 11, but yesterday (Tuesday, June 19) he presented himself to police in Norfolk.
Wilson, of Poppy Close, Loddon, was then arrested by officers in connection with an incident of arson that took place in Market Place, Halesworth on June 11.
He was subsequently taken to Wymondham Police Investigation centre for questioning by detectives.
The 31-year-old has been charged with arson endangering life, common assault, breach of a restraining order and taking a vehicle without consent of the owner.
You may also want to watch:
Wilson has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday, July 18.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney