Man charged in connection with Halesworth fire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who was missing for more than a week has been charged in connection with an incident of arson in Halesworth.
Stephen Wilson, 31, had last been seen in the town on Monday, June 11, but yesterday (Tuesday, June 19) he presented himself to police in Norfolk.
Wilson, of Poppy Close, Loddon, was then arrested by officers in connection with an incident of arson that took place in Market Place, Halesworth on June 11.
He was subsequently taken to Wymondham Police Investigation centre for questioning by detectives.
The 31-year-old has been charged with arson endangering life, common assault, breach of a restraining order and taking a vehicle without consent of the owner.
You may also want to watch:
Wilson has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday, July 18.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise