Man charged in connection with Halesworth fire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who was missing for more than a week has been charged in connection with an incident of arson in Halesworth.
Stephen Wilson, 31, had last been seen in the town on Monday, June 11, but yesterday (Tuesday, June 19) he presented himself to police in Norfolk.
Wilson, of Poppy Close, Loddon, was then arrested by officers in connection with an incident of arson that took place in Market Place, Halesworth on June 11.
He was subsequently taken to Wymondham Police Investigation centre for questioning by detectives.
The 31-year-old has been charged with arson endangering life, common assault, breach of a restraining order and taking a vehicle without consent of the owner.
You may also want to watch:
Wilson has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday, July 18.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside