Still time to join in the fun at Beccles Carnival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Excitement is building as participants and organisers are getting ready for this year’s Beccles Carnival weekend.
It takes place on Saturday and Sunday, August 16 and 17 - and there is still time to join in the fun.
Senior event coordinator Annette Tackley said: “Lots of towns have lost their carnival but we have been lucky and without the tremendous public support and our great team of organisers ours would have gone too.
“This year we have added a new twist to the Saturday as along with the fancy dress and best dressed teddy competitions there will be more arena acts for the public to watch, and back by popularity the Quay rocks in the evening with live vocalists and bands.”
All carnival events take place on Beccles Quay apart from the traditional parade which leaves Blyburgate car park at 1pm on Sunday, August 17.
You may also want to watch:
The route is Gosford Road, Station Road, the town centre, Saltgate, Northgate, Fen Lane and the Quay where there will be stalls and displays.
Entry is via a suggested minimum donation of 50p per person.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
Stocks Funfair will also be open from Friday, August 15 to Monday, August 18.
Visit the carnival Facebook/Twitter page for more details.