Still time to join in the fun at Beccles Carnival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Excitement is building as participants and organisers are getting ready for this year’s Beccles Carnival weekend.
It takes place on Saturday and Sunday, August 16 and 17 - and there is still time to join in the fun.
Senior event coordinator Annette Tackley said: “Lots of towns have lost their carnival but we have been lucky and without the tremendous public support and our great team of organisers ours would have gone too.
“This year we have added a new twist to the Saturday as along with the fancy dress and best dressed teddy competitions there will be more arena acts for the public to watch, and back by popularity the Quay rocks in the evening with live vocalists and bands.”
All carnival events take place on Beccles Quay apart from the traditional parade which leaves Blyburgate car park at 1pm on Sunday, August 17.
You may also want to watch:
The route is Gosford Road, Station Road, the town centre, Saltgate, Northgate, Fen Lane and the Quay where there will be stalls and displays.
Entry is via a suggested minimum donation of 50p per person.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47
Stocks Funfair will also be open from Friday, August 15 to Monday, August 18.
Visit the carnival Facebook/Twitter page for more details.