Still time to sign up for annual charity cycle
- Credit: Archant
Around 60 riders have already signed up for this year’s Beccles Cycle for Life, raising money for local charities.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles, the ride will set off from the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles on Sunday, May 15.
And this year’s event has received extra support from Lord Somerleyton, who has put up two prizes for sponsored riders.
The first is dinner up to the value of £100 plus bed and breakfast to the value of £100 at the Fritton Arms, which will be awarded to the rider who collects the most sponsorship, with dinner up to the value of £100 at the Duke’s Head in Somerleyton for the rider with second most sponsorship.
The new prizes are in addition to the regular support of Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Services Limited who join with Life Cycles in supplying a bicycle worth £400, which is drawn at Beccles Hospital Fete in June.
Lord Somerleyton has been a regular rider in the Cycle for Life and has already entered for this year.
Riders of all abilities are welcome to take part and this year’s event is expected to attract around 400 entrants.
- 1 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 2 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 3 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 4 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 5 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 6 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
There are five possible distances between seven and 50 miles to suit riders, all on fairly quiet country roads south of Beccles.
Once again proceeds will be equally split between the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Rotary club’s charitable trust - which supports both local charitable causes and international charitable needs, including the provision of survival supplies for disaster relief.
More details about the event, entry forms, postal entry and a sponsorship page through Virgin Money Giving is available at www.becclescycleforlife.org
Early entry is encouraged and special rates are available for families and teams. You can also visit www.facebook.com/becclescycleforlife
Are you organising a special event? Email the details to email@example.com