Still time to sign up for annual charity cycle
- Credit: Archant
Around 60 riders have already signed up for this year’s Beccles Cycle for Life, raising money for local charities.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles, the ride will set off from the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles on Sunday, May 15.
And this year’s event has received extra support from Lord Somerleyton, who has put up two prizes for sponsored riders.
The first is dinner up to the value of £100 plus bed and breakfast to the value of £100 at the Fritton Arms, which will be awarded to the rider who collects the most sponsorship, with dinner up to the value of £100 at the Duke’s Head in Somerleyton for the rider with second most sponsorship.
The new prizes are in addition to the regular support of Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Services Limited who join with Life Cycles in supplying a bicycle worth £400, which is drawn at Beccles Hospital Fete in June.
You may also want to watch:
Lord Somerleyton has been a regular rider in the Cycle for Life and has already entered for this year.
Riders of all abilities are welcome to take part and this year’s event is expected to attract around 400 entrants.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
There are five possible distances between seven and 50 miles to suit riders, all on fairly quiet country roads south of Beccles.
Once again proceeds will be equally split between the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Rotary club’s charitable trust - which supports both local charitable causes and international charitable needs, including the provision of survival supplies for disaster relief.
More details about the event, entry forms, postal entry and a sponsorship page through Virgin Money Giving is available at www.becclescycleforlife.org
Early entry is encouraged and special rates are available for families and teams. You can also visit www.facebook.com/becclescycleforlife
Are you organising a special event? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org