Stolen car set on fire after crashing through garden wall
- Credit: Archant
A stolen car was driven through a garden wall and set alight before those responsible fled the scene.
The incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning, March 10, in London Road, Shadingfield, near Beccles.
Firefighters from Beccles were alerted at 6.21am to reports of a vehicle fire in the village.
The blaze was quickly dealt with and the fire crew contacted police just before 7am.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “We received reports a car had been driven through a garden wall and hedge and subsequently set alight.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle is believed to have been stolen.
“No one was injured during the incident and inquiries are currently ongoing to find those responsible.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference number 37/13639/18.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.