Stolen car set on fire after crashing through garden wall
- Credit: Archant
A stolen car was driven through a garden wall and set alight before those responsible fled the scene.
The incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning, March 10, in London Road, Shadingfield, near Beccles.
Firefighters from Beccles were alerted at 6.21am to reports of a vehicle fire in the village.
The blaze was quickly dealt with and the fire crew contacted police just before 7am.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “We received reports a car had been driven through a garden wall and hedge and subsequently set alight.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle is believed to have been stolen.
“No one was injured during the incident and inquiries are currently ongoing to find those responsible.”
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference number 37/13639/18.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.