Stolen car set on fire after crashing through garden wall
- Credit: Archant
A stolen car was driven through a garden wall and set alight before those responsible fled the scene.
The incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning, March 10, in London Road, Shadingfield, near Beccles.
Firefighters from Beccles were alerted at 6.21am to reports of a vehicle fire in the village.
The blaze was quickly dealt with and the fire crew contacted police just before 7am.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “We received reports a car had been driven through a garden wall and hedge and subsequently set alight.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle is believed to have been stolen.
“No one was injured during the incident and inquiries are currently ongoing to find those responsible.”
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference number 37/13639/18.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.