Stolen motorcycle torched in residential street
- Credit: Archant
A stolen motorcycle was set on fire in a residential street during the early hours of the morning.
The incident occurred at 12.10am on Ringsfield Road, in Beccles.
Firefighters from Beccles station quickly arrived at the scene to find the bike “well alight” and used hose reel jets to quash the blaze.
The crew secured the scene and contacted the police at around 12.20pm as they believed the fire has been started under “suspicious circumstances”.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police confirmed inquiries are currently ongoing to identify the type of bike destroyed and to locate its owner.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has information or noticed any suspicious activity in the area should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 9 of February 26.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency