Stolen motorcycle torched in residential street
- Credit: Archant
A stolen motorcycle was set on fire in a residential street during the early hours of the morning.
The incident occurred at 12.10am on Ringsfield Road, in Beccles.
Firefighters from Beccles station quickly arrived at the scene to find the bike “well alight” and used hose reel jets to quash the blaze.
The crew secured the scene and contacted the police at around 12.20pm as they believed the fire has been started under “suspicious circumstances”.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police confirmed inquiries are currently ongoing to identify the type of bike destroyed and to locate its owner.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has information or noticed any suspicious activity in the area should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 9 of February 26.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 6 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead