‘Stones’ thrown at cars as they drove in darkness on major roads
PUBLISHED: 17:16 05 June 2019 | UPDATED: 10:06 06 June 2019
Objects believed to be stones were thrown at cars under the cover of darkness, according to a number of reports received by police.
Officers are appealing for information following a series of criminal damage incidents in the Beccles and Bungay area, which saw the objects tossed at cars from a passing vehicle.
Details of the incidents are as follows:
- At around 11:30pm on Friday, May 24, a car travelling on the A146 near North Cove sustained a smashed wing mirror.
- At approximately 11:50pm on Saturday, June 1, a car travelling on the A143 near Ditchingham was damaged.
- At approximately 10:30pm on Sunday, June 2, a car travelling on the A146 at the Barnby bends sustained damage to its bumper.
- At approximately 10:40pm on Sunday, June 2, a car travelling on the A146 between Beccles and Lowestoft sustained damage to its bonnet.
- At around 12.30am on Monday, June 3, a car travelling on A143 near Ellingham sustained damage to the grill.
Police are investigating whether these incidents are linked and are reminding the public that throwing objects at cars is a criminal offence, capable of causing damage and injury.
Officers are conducting a full investigation to apprehend those responsible.
Drivers are being urged to report similar incidents as soon as possible, with the location of travel and as much detail as possible.
Anyone who has information or relevant dashcam footage is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 11 of June 3.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Beccles and Bungay Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.