Success for Beccles Library’s first music gig
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Library’s first live music event has been hailed a great success.
The event, on April 19, saw around 60 people enjoying songs from British folk and roots inspired duo Honey and the Bear, along with singer/songwriter Kevin Walford and jazz singer Kelly Pritchard.
The special event, entitled The Library Sessions, was organised by library manager Ellen McAteer with the support of Suffolk Libraries and the Friends of Beccles Library.
Ms McAteer said: “My two loves are books and music, so to hear the library shelves echoing with the beautiful harmonies of Honey and the Bear and Kev and Kelly was a dream.
“We filled the main hall with people, and had to get extra chairs! People were asking for more.”
You may also want to watch:
The next event being staged at the library is a folk music session and it will be held on Friday from 5pm, where people are invited along to and/or play music.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day