Sue Hodge illuminates Halesworth at switch-on event
HALESWORTH was awash with festive joy as the town switched on its Christmas lights last night (Saturday).
Crowds gathered along the Thoroughfare for the Dickensian style event, which opened to the sound of Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums leading a colourful procession.
Christmas music and carols followed, before the parade reached the Market Place for the big switch-on, passing some 70 Christmas trees along the way.
The Town Centre Group received several donations from sponsors, including telecommunications company TalkTalk, to help fund the event.
Actress Sue Hodge, who played waitress Mimi Labonq in the classic TV comedy sitcom ‘Allo ‘Allo!, flicked the switch to light up the town for the festive season.
You may also want to watch:
Sue is in north Suffolk to play Fairy Organic in the Marina Theatre panto, Jack and the Beanstalk, at Lowestoft, which starts on Saturday (December 10).
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist