Sue Hodge illuminates Halesworth at switch-on event
HALESWORTH was awash with festive joy as the town switched on its Christmas lights last night (Saturday).
Crowds gathered along the Thoroughfare for the Dickensian style event, which opened to the sound of Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums leading a colourful procession.
Christmas music and carols followed, before the parade reached the Market Place for the big switch-on, passing some 70 Christmas trees along the way.
The Town Centre Group received several donations from sponsors, including telecommunications company TalkTalk, to help fund the event.
Actress Sue Hodge, who played waitress Mimi Labonq in the classic TV comedy sitcom ‘Allo ‘Allo!, flicked the switch to light up the town for the festive season.
You may also want to watch:
Sue is in north Suffolk to play Fairy Organic in the Marina Theatre panto, Jack and the Beanstalk, at Lowestoft, which starts on Saturday (December 10).
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead