Sue Hodge illuminates Halesworth at switch-on event
HALESWORTH was awash with festive joy as the town switched on its Christmas lights last night (Saturday).
Crowds gathered along the Thoroughfare for the Dickensian style event, which opened to the sound of Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums leading a colourful procession.
Christmas music and carols followed, before the parade reached the Market Place for the big switch-on, passing some 70 Christmas trees along the way.
The Town Centre Group received several donations from sponsors, including telecommunications company TalkTalk, to help fund the event.
Actress Sue Hodge, who played waitress Mimi Labonq in the classic TV comedy sitcom ‘Allo ‘Allo!, flicked the switch to light up the town for the festive season.
You may also want to watch:
Sue is in north Suffolk to play Fairy Organic in the Marina Theatre panto, Jack and the Beanstalk, at Lowestoft, which starts on Saturday (December 10).
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 1960s music night to raise hospital funds
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 9 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham