Suffolk artist’s work on show at London exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk artist Mary Gundry is delighted to have had her work selected for inclusion in the The Royal Institute of Oil Painters (ROI) Annual Exhibition at The Mall Galleries in Central London.
This prestigious exhibition is a showcase for many of the finest practitioners of the art of oil painting today.
The ROl is the only society dedicated to this robust and versatile medium.
The painting, “Snowballs” depicts boys in Edwardian dress playing in the snow, just as they always have.
Ms Gundry is perhaps best known for her watercolours, often of children at play, and has had paintings accepted in the past to the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour, but this is her first attempt to have one of her oils accepted into the prestigious ROI exhibition, and she is thrilled to have her work recognised in this way.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until Sunday, December 21, from 10am to 5pm (closing at 1pm on the final day). The Mall Galleries, as the name suggests, is just off of Trafalgar Square.
Ms Gundry runs The Little Gallery in the Market Place in Halesworth where there is a permanent exhibition of her original work, together with prints, cards and her recently published book “Drawn to Southwold”.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
In addition there is photography by her partner Colin Huggins, work by other predominantly local artists and occasional guest artist exhibitions – currently featuring Essex-based Amanda Clark.
For further information call Ms Gundry on 01986 875367, visit www.thelittlegalleryhalesworth.com or email email@example.com