Suffolk artist’s work on show at London exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk artist Mary Gundry is delighted to have had her work selected for inclusion in the The Royal Institute of Oil Painters (ROI) Annual Exhibition at The Mall Galleries in Central London.
This prestigious exhibition is a showcase for many of the finest practitioners of the art of oil painting today.
The ROl is the only society dedicated to this robust and versatile medium.
The painting, “Snowballs” depicts boys in Edwardian dress playing in the snow, just as they always have.
Ms Gundry is perhaps best known for her watercolours, often of children at play, and has had paintings accepted in the past to the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour, but this is her first attempt to have one of her oils accepted into the prestigious ROI exhibition, and she is thrilled to have her work recognised in this way.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until Sunday, December 21, from 10am to 5pm (closing at 1pm on the final day). The Mall Galleries, as the name suggests, is just off of Trafalgar Square.
Ms Gundry runs The Little Gallery in the Market Place in Halesworth where there is a permanent exhibition of her original work, together with prints, cards and her recently published book “Drawn to Southwold”.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 7 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 8 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home
In addition there is photography by her partner Colin Huggins, work by other predominantly local artists and occasional guest artist exhibitions – currently featuring Essex-based Amanda Clark.
For further information call Ms Gundry on 01986 875367, visit www.thelittlegalleryhalesworth.com or email email@example.com