Suffolk show for X Factor star
- Credit: Archant
From the first time he stepped onto the X Factor audition stage, singer Marcus Collins proved he had genuine star quality.
And he has not looked back since.
Fresh from the success of a Top 10 debut album, the “scouse sensation” will be embarking on a 14-date UK solo tour next month – and will be stopping on his second evening at Lowestoft.
As one of only three contestants from the ITV1 talent show to collaborate with their mentor after the series, Marcus has been working with and been supported by Take That legend and former X Factor judge Gary Barlow ever since; ensuring he is one of the hottest new talents the UK has to offer.
Before his eagerly-awaited second album drops, the 26-year-old from Liverpool will be travelling the UK on his debut solo tour, performing this month and next with a band of top quality musicians.
Audiences can expect show-stopping Motown and Motown-inspired classics, latest pop hits given a soulful spin and also some brand new songs, all performed with breathtaking energy in Marcus’s inimitable style.
There will be something for all tastes as Marcus puts his own spin on a mixture of old school favourites by artists such as Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Anita Baker and Luther Vandross, and modern classics from The White Stripes and Sam Smith – all performed with great showmanship and backed by a mega-talented seven-piece band.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 3 Call for flat roof owners to help fight gull problem
- 4 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 5 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 MP reiterates call for PM to quit after 'inevitable' resignations
- 10 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
“To me, Motown is the epitome of what music is all about,” Marcus said. “A lot of the music we listen to today owes its roots to the Motown era. The passion, the hooks, the melodies, the backing vocals, the styling; to me, Motown is second to none. This new show is about celebrating those artists who were inspired by that era and putting my twist on those classic songs.”
As well as preparing for his tour, Marcus has also been busy writing and working on new tracks in the studio, including his latest single Sweet Thang – and he received rave reviews for his turn as Seaweed Stubbs in the UK tour of smash hit musical Hairspray in 2013.
Marcus Collins will be performing at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft next Saturday, September 13.
Ticket cost £20.50 or £18.50 for concessions.
To buy tickets for the Marcus Collins show ring the box office on 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk
• Tickets are still available for An Evening with Pam Ayres tomorrow night at the Marina Theatre. Tickets cost £22.50 available from the box office number.