Talented young dancers sought for Sleeping Beauty pantomime
- Credit: Archant
Children and young people across Waveney and south Norfolk are being given the chance to star in the eagerly-awaited 2018 Beccles pantomime.
Spark Live Pantomimes are holding auditions on Saturday, September 1, to cast 12 talented dancers for Sleeping Beauty, which will be performed at Beccles Public Hall from December 21 to 31.
The dozen lucky few will be split into two teams and will be on stage for six shows each.
Ryan Holt, managing director and producer, said he was looking for youngsters and teenagers aged from eight to 16, who were seeking a chance to appear in a live show.
“I want to stress that none of the auditions warrant a solo,” he said. “Everyone will dance in a small group and the choreographer Charlotte Wood and I will make our decisions based upon what we see from that - but dance experience is essential.
You may also want to watch:
“We had such rave reviews last year, we still can’t thank people enough for their support. Each year we raise the bar higher and this year will be no different.
“These 12 spots are a fantastic platform for young people to perform live on stage and it will give them the experience of being part of a full-scale production.”
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
The auditions will take place at Beccles Public Hall from 9am on September 1, with rehearsals beginning on September 22, in Lowestoft.
They will take place every weekend through to the beginning of the live shows.
All youngsters cast will also have the chance to be involved in the Beccles Christmas light switch-on, which takes place in November.
Sleeping Beauty will be Spark Live’s fourth Christmas production in the town, with Daniel Hanton already confirmed to return in the role of Dame Victoria Sponge.
Mr Holt said: “We now have the whole adult cast in place and we will revealing who they are very soon - many will be familiar faces. We have already had several hundred seats booked through our early bird offer, so we hope that we can look forward to another sell out this year.”
Young people can register their interest for Sleeping Beauty online by visiting www.sparklive.co.uk/sleepingbeauty