Talking newspapers raise vital funds at annual charity quiz
- Credit: Archant
A trio of talking newspapers came together for an annual charity quiz night to raise vital funds to support visually impaired members of the community.
Sound East from Lowestoft, Grapevine from Great Yarmouth and Three Rivers, who serve Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth, all competed for the Talking Newspaper Trophy.
In total 50 people entered the quiz - creating 13 teams to battle it out for the top prize.
The trophy was ultimately won by ‘The K9 Crew’ from Three Rivers.
A spokesman for the event said: “It was a hard fought quiz with only three points between the eventual winner and the runners-up from Grapevine.
You may also want to watch:
“Entrants were kept in order by fast-paced quiz master Simon Partridge assisted by his wife Jean.”
They added: “The raffle raised nearly £80 for the talking newspapers and everyone enjoyed a delicious buffet supper.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
“Thanks go to the Grapevine who hosted the quiz this year.”