Talking newspapers raise vital funds at annual charity quiz
- Credit: Archant
A trio of talking newspapers came together for an annual charity quiz night to raise vital funds to support visually impaired members of the community.
Sound East from Lowestoft, Grapevine from Great Yarmouth and Three Rivers, who serve Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth, all competed for the Talking Newspaper Trophy.
In total 50 people entered the quiz - creating 13 teams to battle it out for the top prize.
The trophy was ultimately won by ‘The K9 Crew’ from Three Rivers.
A spokesman for the event said: “It was a hard fought quiz with only three points between the eventual winner and the runners-up from Grapevine.
You may also want to watch:
“Entrants were kept in order by fast-paced quiz master Simon Partridge assisted by his wife Jean.”
They added: “The raffle raised nearly £80 for the talking newspapers and everyone enjoyed a delicious buffet supper.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 8 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 Missing pregnant woman found
“Thanks go to the Grapevine who hosted the quiz this year.”